Allows you to carry your handgun in both concealed carry and open carry where it is legal to do so
Click here for step by step instructions on how to file for your License to Carry and what you need to know.
Formerly CHL, this course includes your classroom time covering the current Texas State and Federal laws that surround your ability to carry a handgun, as well as the required shooting proficiency test. The shooting qualification requires that you must be able to load, unload, and fire the handgun proficiently.
THIS IS NOT A FIREARMS TRAINING CLASS AND WILL NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO SHOOT. If you are new to firearms, we strongly encourage you to take a Private LTC Prep Lesson prior to taking the class.
Shooting Proficiency Test Requirement
- 3 Yard Line – 20 rounds
- 7 Yard Line – 20 rounds
- 15 Yard Line – 10 rounds
Course Fee Includes
- State mandated License to Carry classroom instruction
- Shooting qualification and range fee
- LTC-100 Certificate of Completion (it is your responsibility to submit your form, Defender will not submit for you)
- Handgun rental for proficiency test (if needed)
- B27 target
- Eye and ear protection (if needed)
What You Need To Bring
- Valid Driver’s License
- Semi-auto handgun or revolver
- 50 rounds of ammo (available for purchase before the start of class. Subject to availability, call ahead to check)
- Eye and ear protection
- Writing utensil
- Beverage and snacks if desired (we have water, soda and snacks available for purchase)
What’s Not Included
- State application fee
- Fingerprinting and fingerprinting fee (you will be prompted to schedule your fingerprinting appointment at the end of the DPS application process)
Total course time is about 6 hours. Please come prepared to learn and be engaged during the class.