Allows you to carry your handgun in both concealed carry and open carry where it is legal to do so
We are working as a unified front all across the country to offer FREE training to Teachers, School Admin, Staff, and Youth Leaders on Saturday, June 18th, 2022.
The mission of National Train A Teacher Day is to protect kids. Educating and empowering teachers, staff, and admin will help us to realize that mission and perhaps as an added bonus create informed advocates that can influence legislators and school boards in changing policies and laws. The protection and security of our children is NOT a “gun” debate. Educational opportunities offered on NTATD include awareness, medical, unarmed, and deterrence training as well as firearms instruction.
Formerly CHL, the License to Carry course includes your classroom time covering the current Texas State and Federal laws that surround your ability to carry a handgun, as well as the required shooting proficiency test.
Class is FREE to teachers, school administrators, school staff, and those that work with youth in a leadership capacity (athletic coaches, Sunday school, clergy, religious leaders).
THIS IS NOT A FIREARMS TRAINING CLASS AND WILL NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO SHOOT. If you are new to firearms, we strongly encourage you to take a Private LTC Prep Lesson prior to taking the class.
Shooting Proficiency Test Requirement
- 3 Yard Line – 20 rounds
- 7 Yard Line – 20 rounds
- 15 Yard Line – 10 rounds
- State mandated License to Carry classroom instruction
- Shooting qualification and range fee
- LTC-100 Certificate of Completion (it is your responsibility to submit your form, Defender will not submit for you)
- Handgun rental for proficiency test (if needed)
- B27 target
- Eye and ear protection (if needed)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Semi-auto handgun or revolver
- 50 rounds of ammo (available for purchase before the start of class. Subject to availability, call ahead to check)
- Eye and ear protection
- Writing utensil
- Beverage and snacks if desired (we have water, soda and snacks available for purchase)
- State application fee
- Fingerprinting and fingerprinting fee (you will be prompted to schedule your fingerprinting appointment at the end of the DPS application process)
Total course time is about 6 hours. Please come prepared to learn and be engaged during the class.