- 43,000 sq ft Shooting Center
- 6,000 sq ft Gun Store and Retail Space/li>
- 2,000 sq ft of Lounge space
- 3,000 sq ft customizable Simunition™ House
- Simulation System (Laser Shot System™)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Automated billing available
- Corporate, family and individual memberships
- Walk-ins Welcome
- Cutting edge HVAC ventilation system for cool, clean shooting
- Service-focused staff
- Safe and Secure Shooting Range
- Secured and monitored access at all entrances
- 30+ security cameras
- On-site security with a manned “eye in the sky”
- 24 hour security monitoring
- RSO-to-shooter ratio of 1:6
|Pistol Lanes||$10/hr|| Law enforcement, military, first responder and veteran with proper ID
|$15/hr||Law enforcement, military, first responder and veteran with proper ID
(Tuesday-Thursday 10am- 12pm)
(Friday-Sunday 10am- 12pm)
(Monday-Thursday, after 12pm)
(Friday-Sunday, after 12pm)
|Rifle Lanes||$12.5/hr||Law enforcement, military, first responder and veteran with proper ID|
| $45/hr ||non-member|
|TRY BEFORE YOU BUY|
|$1 per bullet||No range fee|
$20 Pistol Pass
(unlimited for an hour)
$25 Rifle Pass
(unlimited for an hour)
|AR Platform||$15 Single
$25 AR Pass
(unlimited for an hour)
|Full Auto||$65/hr Single Gun
$95/hr Three Guns
$1000 Full Kit
(unlimited time, ammo not included, maximum two shooters at same time)
1. All firearms must be holstered or cased while going to or from the range. NEVER handle un-cased or un-holstered firearms unless you are standing on the GREEN PAINT in your designated shooting stall.
2. Always keep firearms pointed down range towards the bullet trap. NEVER turn around in the shooting stall while holding a firearm. Never point the firearm toward yourself, another person, the ceiling, range or shooting stall walls. Never for any reason leave your shooting stall with an un-cased or un-holstered firearm.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
4. Be sure of your target. Do not shoot at targets out of your designated shooting lane.
5. Never cross the RED firing line for any reason. Do not attempt to retrieve anything that falls in front of the firing line. If you lose a piece of equipment, ask the Range Safety Officer (“RSO”) for assistance.
6. If you observe any unsafe behavior or condition by anyone, report it to the RSO immediately.
7. Always keep the action open and firearm unloaded until ready to fire. Consider every firearm as “loaded” and treat it as such.
8. Eye and ear protection MUST be put on before entering the range and worn at all times while inside the range.
9. Upon the command “CEASE FIRE”, stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm and back away from the shooting stall until you are standing behind the yellow line. Do NOT re-approach the firing line or pick up your firearm until the “all clear” signal is given.
10. If you experience a firearm or ammunition problem, keep the gun pointed down range, do not set the gun down, remain in your shooting stall and signal a RSO for assistance by raising your non-shooting hand.
11. Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm. All ammunition must be new or factory re-manufactured and in its original packaging. Defender Outdoors DOES NOT permit STEEL CORE, STEEL OR ALUMINUM CASE, STEEL SHOT, TRACER or ARMOR PIERCING ammunition. Defender Outdoors does not permit MUZZLE-LOADERS or Black Powder.
12. If you bring more than one firearm, we recommend that you un-case only one at a time. This will reduce the chance of loading the wrong ammunition and keep the bench clear of obstruction.
13. Know and understand the operating mechanism and safety features of your firearm. If you do not, please ask for additional assistance when you check in to the range.
14. Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
15. No food, drink, gum or tobacco is permitted inside the range. Wash your hands each time you leave the range and before smoking, eating or drinking.
16. Shooters who desire to draw and shoot from the holster must be approved to do so by a member of Defender Outdoors’ staff. Such activities will only be permitted at certain times and on designated lanes. Please ask for details.
17. Please notify the RSO if you would like to shoot your carry firearm on the range before you un-holster and the RSO will provide additional instruction. Do not draw and shoot from the holster unless approved to do so.
18. Rapid fire in bursts (2 or 3 rounds) is permitted on the pistol/carbine lanes if muzzle discipline is maintained and ALL shots are on target. Rapid fire is not permitted on the rifle lanes.
19. Shooters may collect their brass behind the firing line once they have unloaded and cased their firearm and are ready to leave the range. Inform the RSO at the beginning of your session that you would like to keep your brass.
Please act responsibly at all times. Foul language, horseplay or any other unsafe activity will not be tolerated. If we observe an unsafe act we will help you understand what you did and work with you to learn the correct safety procedures. If you repeat or commit another unsafe act, you will be asked to leave the range. If you appear to be impaired (such as under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescription medication), a manager will be contacted and you will be asked to leave the range. The safety of our members and guests is our first priority. Please respect your fellow shooters, our staff and the facility so that we can continue to provide you with the best shooting experience possible.
No, ALL responsible shooters are welcome to come and visit the Shooting Center. However, membership has many benefits - cost savings, retail, gunsmith and training discounts, lane reservations and priority, etc. If you will shoot with us two or more times per month a membership will pay for itself quickly and we would love to have you be part of Team Defender. Please ask any of our staff about membership options - there is a membership for every budget!
Please, please, please come and see us! Our staff takes great pride in introducing new shooters to the sport we love so much and in helping novices improve and gain confidence. Defender Outdoors is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and welcoming environment for all shooters. Come and learn with us! We offer introductory courses with male and female instructors. Check our training calendar for upcoming classes (now offering women's only classes).
We are consistently focused on the quality of the member experience because YOU are more important to us than your money. As such, we feel it would be irresponsible to open the flood gates without any sort of consideration towards how that would impact our existing members. We will continually assess our traffic and member satisfaction to ensure we do not under-deliver. For now, memberships are still available but we may have to limit the number available in the future.
Short answer = 30 total lanes.
Long answer = This includes 6 rifle lanes @ 85 yards (Yes! We have indoor rifle lanes!), 24 pistol/carbine lanes @ 25 yards (6 of these are dedicated to the Elite member area. 6 pistol/carbine lanes have the ability to be made completely private for your corporate or social events).
Absolutely. We are big proponents of educating and training ALL members of the family, especially children. We do require that children between the ages of 10 and 17 be accompanied on a 1:1 basis by a parent or guardian and that the accompanying parent or guardian maintain physical presence with the child at all times while in the range. Many of our memberships include up to 6 total family members (living at the same address) with in and out privileges at no additional hourly or daily expense.
Children must be a minimum of 10 years old (and accompanied by their Parent/Guardian) to enter the shooting portion of the facility. There must be a 1:1 ratio of Adult:Child at all times in the facility. Please be advised that childrens ears may be more sensitive to noise than adults and proper hearing protection is critical.
Adults over the age of 18 but under the age of 21 are permitted to rent and shoot rifles but federal law prohibits us from renting you handguns or selling you handgun ammunition. If you fall into this range and want to shoot a handgun - please come accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Absolutely. We support the defenders of this city and country in every way we can. Law enforcement, first responders, active duty military and veterans receive: initiation fees waived on Gold memberships, half off range fees all day/every day, and discounts in the retail store.
No, shotguns are typically not permitted. Our bullet traps are designed for handgun and rifle ammunition. Shotgun BBs and wadding create cleanup challenges. At select times during the year, we will offer shotgun patterning opportunities and indoor 3 gun competitions what will include shotgun skills. Please stay tuned to the event calendar for more information.
Because we're an indoor facility … with a really prominent ceiling and roof situation … we do not offer traditional trap and skeet shooting. But wait! We do offer awesome virtual simulation options for you to practice your trap and skeet skills on.
The following types of ammunition ARE permitted: new or factory re-manufactured brass cased handgun and rifle ammunition in its original packaging. Ball, soft point, hollow point and full metal jacket rounds are permitted (subject to restrictions below).
The following types of ammunition are NOT permitted: steel or aluminum case, steel core, steel shot, tracer or armor piercing ammunition. Muzzle loaders and black powder firearms are also not permitted.
No you do not but our ammunition prices are always low so no need to stop anywhere else! You may bring in your own ammunition for use in your own firearms (subject to our ammo restrictions). If your are renting a firearm from Defender Outdoors, you are required to purchase the ammunition for that firearm from Defender Outdoors.
Members of Defender Outdoors Shooting Center are permitted to shoot their own reloads subject to the following restriction - if a member's reloaded ammunition causes an incident or creates an unsafe environment for such member or our other shooters (as determined by Defender Outdoors), that member will lose his/her reloaded ammunition privileges.
Non-members are not permitted to shoot their reloads at this time unless they are participating in a sanctioned shooting competition at the facility (IDPA, USPSA, etc.).
In the pistol/carbine lanes, shooters can shoot handguns of any caliber, pistol caliber carbines, rimfire rifles, and centerfire rifles chambered in 5.56/.223, 300 Blackout, or smaller. Defender Outdoors reserves the right to restrict certain types of firearms/ammunition shot in the pistol/carbine ranges to certain lanes to ensure the enjoyment of all shooters.
Rimfire rifles and center rifles chambered in up to .300 Win Mag. Exceptions for larger calibers can be made if suppressed - please contact Defender Outdoors for clarification. Minimum distance on the rifle range is 25 yards. Both open sights and optics are permitted. Our Range Safety Officer may ask you to shoot one round on paper at 25 yards when you first enter the range to ensure your rifle is sufficiently sighted in. If your rifle is not sighted in (or you are coming to sight in your rifle) please ask for assistance and we will help.
Prone, bench and off-hand (standing position) shooting are all permitted in the rifle range, provided that safe shot placement is maintained. Prone shooting is only permitted at distances of 50 yards or greater.
Rapid fire is NOT permitted on the rifle range.
Yes, provided they allow for safe shot placement. Defender Outdoors also offers a large selection of paper and Shoot-N-C style targets for purchase.
In the pistol/carbine ranges - t-shaped hangers and clips are provided. Full cardboard backers are not provided. Targets must hang low enough from the t-shaped hanger to prevent shots striking the ceiling or target retrieval systems.
In the rifle range - cardboard backers are provided that can accommodate targets up to 19" wide and 24" tall. A staple gun or push pins will be made available to assist with hanging your targets.
Yes! We offer a wide variety of training, classes and workshops.
Yes we do. License to Carry (LTC) classes are typically offered every Saturday and Sunday along with several mid-week classes each month. Our LTC class includes your classroom instruction, qualification shoot and range fee, target, 1 box of ammunition, rental firearm (if needed) and fingerprinting services for your DPS background check. LTC classes are held entirely in our facility. Come experience the easiest and most comfortable way to get your LTC at Defender Outdoors.
Please wear closed-toe shoes (no flip flops or sandals). Ladies should avoid low-cut tops and high heeled shoes. Long sleeves and long pants are recommended as they provide better protection from hot brass and firearms.
HOURS AND DIRECTIONS
2900 Shotts St, Fort Worth, TX 76107
|Monday||12:00 pm||8:00 pm|
|Tuesday-Wednesday||10:00 am||8:00 pm|
|Thursday-Saturday||10:00 am||9:00 pm|
|Sunday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Christmas Eve||10:00 am||3:00 pm|
|December 26th||10:00 am||9:00 pm|